Thursday, May 21, 2009

How's Your Second Head? Is It The First One You Started Out With?

I apologize for not posting any interviews yet. I have been busy at work but I promise to start putting them up this weekend. I was a little worried being that they are a year old but I don't think that is too outdated. Anyhow I am going to try and start getting some new interviews soon so I can keep this blog updated. If you or anyone you know are doing anything interesting musically hit me up. It seems like lately I have been only listening to old stuff but am always open to new music.

So I was just thinking about all the old NYC venues I used to hit up back when I was a teen in the 90's. Long gone are the days of smoking clove cigarettes at The Cooler, Tramps, Brownies, and Coney Island High. I can't tell you how many times I saw The Make-Up, Unwound, and many many terrible bands that are all slipping my mind. I spent so many of my teenage hours listening to Huggybear, Bikini Kill, Bratmobile,Beat Happening, Unrest,Nation Of Ulysses,Unwound, Peechees, Tuscadero etc.I loved Kill Rock Stars, K, Lookout, Teenbeat, and Wiija records. I think I would cringe if I listened to some of this stuff now. Although I downloaded both NOU albums a few months back and they still sound good.If anyone has any old pictures please send them to me! I have to go through my stuff as well and see if I still have anything left. Unfortunately I threw away almost all of my old 7inches and sold most of my record collection to Princeton Record Exchange when I was 18 or 19 because I felt that I grew out of my youth. I remember my first zine was called "Glamour Tramp." What a terrible name! The A in Glamour was written out like an anarchy sign. I used to worship Sonic Youth as well and remember replicating the cover of "Goo" in my 8th grade art class. The highlight of my summer going into high school was going to see Sonic Youth and Pavement at Lollapalooza. I felt this music was mine and remember getting angry when they played "Rebel Girl" on Roseanne. Ha! Well that is enough nostalgia for the moment! Next time I will talk about all the metal that I listened to as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment